The Overflow Relief Cap Prevents Stormwater Infiltration Into Sewer Drains
Overflowing stormwater during storms or long rainfall events has always been a problem where ground flow water flows into the sewer drains through illegal or non-compliant house overflow relief gullies or ORG’s. This water flow is termed rapid flow infiltration.
Environmentally this rapid flow infiltration is potentially catastrophic. Stormwater infiltration into sewers potentially leads to failure of sewer infrastructure resulting in sewerage overflowing through manholes onto the ground and flowing into creeks, rivers, lakes and out to sea.
With Queensland storms rapid flow infiltration into sewers peaks quickly with an estimated 40% of all stormwater infiltration into sewers originating from non-compliant house ORG’s.
The Environmental Solution
The solution for both water authorities and individual households is the simple installation of an ORC anti infiltration Overflow Relief Cap.
The environmental benefits to the community of reducing rain water infiltration into sewers by installing an ORC are:
- 40% reduction of rapid flow infiltration of rain water into sewers from house ORG’s
- reduction in sewer surcharge overflows during storms
- reduced capital expenditure for water authorities on sewer storage capacity
- reduced capital expenditure on sewer pumping capacity
- reduction in capital expenditure on sewerage treatment
Simply the ORC prevents stormwater entering the house sewer drain at the ORG because the ORC replaces the traditional open grate on an ORG.
The ORC is guaranteed to protect every home from sewerage infiltration should the sewer system fail and surcharge. The ORC cap will pop up to ensure the ORG works as designed to allow sewerage effluent to discharge onto the ground and protect the interior of the home.
The ORC is easily fitted into new homes or buildings as well as retrofitted into existing homes and buildings with these benefits:
- always quick and simple to install
- guaranteed to be retrofitted into any normal earthenware or PVC ORG
- on new homes it can be installed at 25mm above finished ground height rather than 75mm allowing for a lower ORG
- reduces the ability of cane toads, rats and snakes to enter the sewer drains through the ORG
- 12 month manufacturers warranty as long as the ORC is installed by a licensed plumber in accordance with the instructions and the cap is kept clear of all obstructions
Plumbing Standards Compliance
The ORC anti infiltration Overflow Relief Cap is manufactured in Australia and has WaterMark compliance to be used in any plumbing installation in Australia plus meets the following:
- manufactured to comply with ATS 5200.501-2009
- is approved for use in AS/NZS 3500.2:2015 Plumbing and Drainage – Sanitary Plumbing and Drainage
- WaterMark certificate AGA-WM-060012-102-R00
- Worldwide Patent PCT/AU2008/0002340
More Information & Purchasing Of ORC
For more information and to download the brochure on the ORC anti infiltration Overflow Relief Cap click here
For more information please Contact Us today for all your ORC purchases or call (07) 5502 3248 for more information.